Elementary athletes serve up some fun

Inaugural Volleyball Cup delights families and faculty alike
Students%2C+student+coaches%2C+teachers%2C+and+parents+look+forward+to+next+years+DIS+volleyball+cup.+Laughter+fills+the+gym+as+the+camera+shutters+as+the+crowd+goes+back+home%2C+satisfied+with+the+event.+
Jackson Chiang
Students, student coaches, teachers, and parents look forward to next year’s DIS volleyball cup. Laughter fills the gym as the camera shutters as the crowd goes back home, satisfied with the event.

Anticipation set the stage as parents, teachers, and elementary volleyballists poured into the Jetnasium for the first Volleyball Cup. With fervent energy in the air, the event brought the community together and celebrated everyone for their teamwork with special prizes on March 12.

“I played as a teacher. [The event] was really well done. There were different shifts of people that played, and everyone just took care of the score themselves. It was really well organized, and we just played and followed the rules,” said Mrs. Jolly, academic counselor and teacher participant.

The campus crowd enjoyed the easygoing and friendly nature of the games. “[I liked that] people didn’t have to be too competitive. It was just a friendly match. People weren’t fighting,” said Amelia Park in third grade.

Others found entertainment in the competitive edge of the matches. “My favorite part about the event was that at the end of it I played on a team with Mr. Bergan and Mr. Park, and we definitely beat Mr. Jolly, Mr. Balint, and Mr. Purdy. It was fun because the kids and the parents watched our game and they cheered for us. I enjoyed it,” said Mrs. Jolly. 

As the event came to a close, official ES volleyball coaches Mrs. Ringrose and Ms. Suozzo handed out tokens for keepsake. Elementary students received medals handcrafted by the National Arts Honor Society (NAHS), and Mr. Vis, Mr. Jolly, and the high school coaches received houseplants for their supervision. The volleyball extravaganza kicked off the spring season with a burst of energy.

Luna Kang
Luna Kang, Section Editor
Luna, after 13 long years, finally enters her last act as a senior at DIS. She vibes with illustration and photography, but also takes great interest in music and literature. Having been with the Flyover for over half her time here, Luna reads and spices up almost every article that gets published. So far, her own best articles are in the feature categories - Go check them out!
Jackson Chiang
Jackson Chiang, Photographer / Designer
Jackson Chiang, a junior at Daegu International School, enters the world of journalism with his passion for photography. He loves to capture paramount moments on campus through camera lenses. In his free time, he often goes to the movies and listens to music. Jackson looks forward to studying medicine in college. With the diverse and supportive nature of the DIS community, Jackson expands his horizons as he continues to nurture his affection for photography and design.

• S

SolaApr 22, 2024 at 4:52 pm

LET”S GO JETSSSSSS always great work!!!

• M

MinjuApr 18, 2024 at 7:29 pm

Great job! Go jets!

• D

Daniel. kimApr 18, 2024 at 7:24 pm

WOW! It looks fun!

• E

ElinApr 18, 2024 at 7:22 pm

Great job Jets! Keep going on your improvements!

• P

PaulApr 18, 2024 at 7:22 pm

I saw it and it was really fun to watch