Prom Committee and Student Council Raise Money for Annual Dance

Swap Your DIS Uniforms for a Better Fit through the Uniform Drive

Poster made by Betty Lee.

Jane Nam and Jade Lee

The Prom Committee is hosting the annual uniform drive at DIS over the next two weeks. The clothing drive raises funds for prom: a night of food, dancing, and fun held every year at the end of the second semester.

For this year’s donation drive, the Prom Committee collaborated with the High School Student Council for the first time. This week, the Prom Committee gathers your clothes at the campus front gates. Then, the High School Student Council takes the helm next week. Student Council leadership agreed to contribute to help due to the importance of prom for high schoolers. Unfortunately, Prom Committee membership numbers are down compared to previous years, which lead to a need for a helping hand.

It is recommended to search your closet, dresser, and storage space for gently used DIS uniforms that you’ve outgrown or don’t wear anymore. Gently used uniforms can be donated at the front gate before and after school. Uniforms collection started on Tuesday, October 11th, and continues through Thursday, October 20th.

After they gather uniforms, the Prom Committee is going to re-sell the clothing at the Parent-Teacher Conferences on Friday, October 21st. The clothes will be sold for the low cost of 5,000 KRW per item, with all profits earned from the sale providing money for prom. Last year, uniform sales contributed to a major gala event including catering and professional photography.  

Help prom 2023 become a cherished moment by bringing your used uniforms in good condition to the front gate for the next two weeks. Don’t forget to remind your parents to purchase items when they attend Parent-Teacher Conferences next Friday.