ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • Have a fantastic summer break!
  • First Day of School on August 12th.
  • Don't forget your spirit shirts on Friday.
The Student News Site of Daegu International School

Jets Flyover

Daegu International School's student news site
ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • Have a fantastic summer break!
  • First Day of School on August 12th.

Jets Flyover

Jets Flyover

Games galore, food to explore, middle school party encore

Student council breaks the ice and cracks some eggs at spring social
Flora Chung
Eighth-grader Jason McAteer successfully avoids getting his flag stolen by an opponent player. Being the ace of the team, McAteer leads his team to victory.

Middle school students took a breather from academics in the spring party this past April 19. Hosted by the Middle School Student Council (MSSC), the social took place throughout the school including the Jetnasium, outer fields, and the dorm. The celebration began when all participants gathered in the futsal field to divide into teams. 

The social was a lively affair with a diverse range of activities from recreational sports of all kinds to games, topped off with a dinner that featured tteokbokki, hotdogs, popcorn, and chicken. Afterwards, unlike in previous years, students were given time to unwind in the dorm lobby at their own pace. 

With a variety of activities offered, there was something enjoyable for every attendant. “I liked it when we made s’mores in front of the bonfire near the end of the party. Playing sports was also really fun, but the bonfire event was much more memorable for me because we don’t usually eat s’mores, and making them in front of the fire was an uncommon experience,” shared Alex Yoo in seventh grade.

Others favored the games. “We finished the day with a really fun game that involved eggs. Participants had to break the egg on their foreheads and check if it was raw or hardboiled. Many people got the raw egg on their hair, and it was fun watching them. A friend of mine said that it was the best party of the year, and I feel great being a part of it,” said Minji Kim, member of the leadership team of the MSSC.

Wrapping up spring with this celebration, students slowly recover from the workload that amounted to them over the year for a final stretch. With strengthened camaraderie and memories built on, attendees hope to finish the school year strong.

View Comments (6)
About the Contributors
Andrew Shim
Andrew Shim, Writer
Now a senior, Andrew begins his second year with the Jets Flyover. Eager to write about the latest news and sports, Andrew takes his passion to the next level in the multimedia program. In his leisure time, he often finds himself lost in the wonders of science. Aside from his interest in journalism, Andrew hopes to improve his photography skills in order to capture every moment of his last year in DIS.

Luna Kang
Luna Kang, Section Editor
Luna, after 13 long years, finally enters her last act as a senior at DIS. She vibes with illustration and photography, but also takes great interest in music and literature. Having been with the Flyover for over half her time here, Luna reads and spices up almost every article that gets published. So far, her own best articles are in the news categories - Go check them out!
Flora Chung
Flora Chung, Broadcast Journalist
Flora takes cues from her favorite media as a video production staffer. She tells her stories with a creative zest. A lover of visual storytelling, she finds inspiration in music, especially LANY. Outside work, Flora likes to paint and unwind with peaceful moments. In art class, her favorite, she explores her passion for aesthetics. Her bio brims with enthusiasm, reflecting her unique blend of interests.